Dancing in the street, waiting for the parade to start
Sitting with Grandma and Grandpa
We had a scorcher here in Oregon for the fourth. Which is not always the case. So although the weather was hot and beautiful, it's a little uncomfortable when you're sitting for 3 hours along a hot street in the sunshine. But it was a nice parade and it was well worth the smudging mascara I had going on-I knew I should have put the other kind on.
Mackenzie still isn't knowing what all the candy is about. Which I'm glad for. I know I will have plenty of time for that. And it's a little disheartening when you see kids showing up with pumpkin containers to a July 4th parade. And then you see kids just standing out in the street just wanting the candy, holding their bags out.
I did have Mackenzie at one point stand up and grab a piece of candy that was in front of us to see what she'd do. She picked it up and then she threw it back in the street. Thata girl!
At the parade she had her first sucker. It was a tiny lime flavored one and she licked it a little and realized it didn't taste so bad and continued to keep putting it up to her tongue. But she lost interest in it and gave it to me so I tossed it. I have a feeling next year will be a whole lot different.
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Composed by Dawn at 7:08 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












0 awesome comments:
Post a Comment