Monday, May 4, 2009

OUR TRIP TO DISNEYLAND

Wow, we made it. Disneyland is always so magical and we're glad we went but we got our fix until another 5 years. The dynamics of moving through the park is always more difficult then you expect. We noticed nowadays parents take their kids out of school anytime they please. I know we missed the summer madness but we truly believe the parks are always generally comfortably busy. We did meet a lot of nice people and luckily didn't run into any rude ones. We met a couple at our hotel pool that was from a town that is 20-30 minutes away from us.

We spent 3 days in both parks. Sunday was our longest day. We got to the park by 8am and stayed until midnight when they closed. That day was long but I think it was our best day. To have 16 hours to explore was worth it and the fireworks at the end of the night were truly awesome. Steve and I had never seen such a show before and they truly out did themselves.

My parents joined us on the trip but only spent 2 of the 3 days going to the park. They took a day in between to relax. That day we had Mackenzie spend the first half with them which gave us an opportunity to really see the other rides with Austin and Valerie. Then we came back to the hotel to pick her up and we ended up taking a 2 hour break and then went back to the park.

Mackenzie was a trooper. She enjoyed being in her stoller which made the 3 days very enjoyable. We did allow her some out time but there were plenty of times that she preferred her ride. Even in the room she'd crawl up into it. I also had plenty of snacks for her and she hardly ever needed anything.

We found out early on that Mackenzie LOVED the roller coaster rides but did not enjoy any rides that were dark. Which were quite a few of them. Her favorite ride had to have been the Go Coaster over in Toontown. We'd get off of that one and go right back on it. Here is the video of her thoroughly enjoying herself...



Mackenzies first ride was Dumbo. She loved this one too.


Mackenzie and Daddy cruising in Autotopia.


The fam.


Enjoying the teacups with Grandma and Mommy.


Waiting her turn for the Go Coaster.


Excited about her ride on the Mark Twain riverboat.


Entering Sleeping Beauty's castle with Grandpa and Grandma.

I took a lot of pictures but the dynamics of getting people all synchronized at the same time for the click sometimes was impossible. And Mackenzie is at the stage of not wanting her photo taken so she made my life more camera challenged then ever before. I will post some more later....

2 awesome comments:

April said...

The video is very cute of Mack on the ride! I love the picture of you and Mack on the Dumbo ride! Glad to hear you all had a good time.

Mandy said...

Sounds like fun! And I love pics that are candid, its always fun seeing the kids being real. :-) And I am one of those that takes their kids out of school often, hee, hee! I could write a book about this but will spare you. I look forward to more pics!