
So Mackenzie started her first day this week at an Inhome Daycare. She regularly goes two days a week to my parents and if there are extra days my Mom extends for more. We do think it's great and we feel very lucky that my parents can watch her and she also gets to spend time with her grandparents. And it really helps us out too. But lately we've been feeling that it might be good for her to spend 1 day a week with some little people. Hard when you work full time to regularly arrange play dates in the evening or on the weekends. And also with Steves schedule changing next month we are going to steadily need an extra day, along with the 2 that we already have.
So through friends at work we learned of this lady that is really close by our work. One of the days last week on our vacation Steve and I, and my pad of questions, went to meet her. We were quickly reminded of how really small this world is. Her husband used to supervise my husband at his last job. Steve really liked him too and knew they were good people and he felt so much better after he learned that. She's also had a lot of kid experience, her kids are grown, and she's been doing daycare for about 28yrs.
So Wednesday morning I took Mackenzie for the first time. I did allow myself extra time because I had her paperwork to bring back and I wanted to make sure that was filled out correctly. Mackenzie wanted down almost immediately when I got there. Good sign. She was moving from different toys and checking things out. Even though she had been there just last week when we went to meet her, I was pleased that she seemed fine. I looked to see what the other kids were doing and they were just vegging on the couch watching a cartoon. I could tell that they were still waking up and they are old pros. The scene of her and the kids made me chuckle.
Before I had left, Mackenzie had a couple toys in her hands and she threw them at this other little boy that is 4 months younger then her. They were "light" toys but regardless of the weight, she shouldn't be doing this. She does this at home too. She will have both tv remotes in her hands and come over to one of us and throw them at us. Steve never knows to block down below or cover his face! We try to deal with her on it and we know she knows how to put things gently into our hands. Everything to her seems to be a ball to throw. Before the day was over another little boy, that is my friends 3 yr old son, had a mark on his face and of course it was from Mackenzie. I hope she quickly out grows this or those older kids are going to have to start wearing face masks!
She seemed to have a good day and also had a nice long nap. We think she will enjoy the interaction she gets with the other kids.
Thursday, August 7, 2008
First Day at Daycare
Composed by Dawn at 7:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












0 awesome comments:
Post a Comment