Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Big Girl Bed


Sunday night I took Mackenzie's crib down and put together her big girl bed. It's her transitional twin bed and later on she'll get a bedroom set of her very own but this will do for now.

As you can see she doesn't have any bedding yet for it. Just sheets and I covered it with one of her blankets. I'm hoping to find something this weekend. Also it takes up quite a bit of space in her already small room. So now I'm looking into cleaning out the spare bedroom and make that into a toy room which would keep her bedroom just for sleeping. That will be one of my fall projects.

She's already been sleeping on this big girl bed out at Grandpa & Grandma's house but that's mostly been at naps. We need to get an attached side on it. Last night she fell out and I think it's because she is still in crib mode where she can move around all directions. And Monday morning when I was still in bed I heard the TV turn on out in the family room. So I'm not really liking the fact that she can just come and go as she pleases. But on the plus side it's nice to lay down and cuddle with her or read books to her in bed.

1 awesome comments:

April said...

I bet she is loving her new found freedom. Funny how she turned the tv on by herself....=)