Well tonight was interesting. First off, never been to the facility since it's been remodeled. So I had no idea where to go. But I did find the locker room and then headed out to the pool area. The facility is really nice.
There was only 1 other toddler in the class and she was younger then Mackenzie but very advanced. She's been doing these since she was about 6 months and she was an old pro.
Mackenzie seemed to love the water but was quite the wiggle worm! She was introduced to jumping in from the side. I wasn't sure if she'd go for it but she actually loved it and wanted to do it over and over. There were times I didn't trust her and kept expecting she'd run off once she was up on the ledge. But she never did. Tonight was about having the instructor get to know her students. We sang about 4 songs and did some floating with kicks.
She found a toy that she loved. A little grey plastic octopus and she threw a HUGE fit when we had to put it away at the end of class. Giving something up she loves is not one of her great qualites and we're working on that!
Here are some of the pictures from her first class. Still getting used to the new camera and all of it's settings. The class runs twice a week for 4 weeks. I'm sure we'll get some good shots by the time it's done.
Monday, March 30, 2009
Mackenzie's 1st swim class!
Composed by Dawn at 8:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












6 awesome comments:
Glad to hear she liked the water and it didn't freak her out!
How fun! I got kicked out of swimming lessons when I was 3 because the instructor said I was "too immature". Everytime she turned her back to be with one of the other kids, I would jump into the water. Sounds like Mackenzie is off to a much better start :-) I can't wait to see more pictures of her.
That last picture...TOO CUTE!
Btw- I was involved in the mud mess, taking pictures, and washing clothes and washing Lauren's hair TWICE! No, it was all good. I will have more post about our day in the mud later. It was a fun hour for the kiddo's.
3 cheers for my little Mackers! She looks like a pro! It will be fun to see her and Lukas swim and play in the pool later this month!
BTW, your pictures are good ... the more you use your Rebel, the more of a professional you'll be:) Trust me, I have the same camera!
That is great that you are starting her so early! So glad she responded to it so well too!
Looks like she is having fun! Cute pictures in the water.
Post a Comment