Saturday, March 28, 2009

7 FOOT DORA??

Friday night we took Mackenzie to Pump It Up for character night. Dora was scheduled to be there and she loves watching her show.
When Dora showed up, Mackenzie kept her distance. Which worked out good because there were a lot of toddlers crowding around her. You would have thought it was Hannah Montana walking through the door and I was in tweentown! I forget how early the idolizing starts.
This worked out to Mackenzie's advantage because she could have cared less that Dora (and might I add I was shocked at how tall they made her) just came in, so she kept playing. Which was fun for her because she had the slides to herself. But after awhile Dora made her rounds and visited with everyone. Mackenzie warmed up to her and didn't seem to mind being around her BUT on her own terms.


they look like they are dancing...

Look what happens when I scoop her up to go see her. She liked seeing Backpack...

but hid her face when she saw Dora...

a much needed water break from Daddy...

catching some air...

You know when you laugh so hard you get ugly face? She's having a GREAT time!

and I just love this last picture. That little look on her face...


It was neat to see how much she's growing and how she was more involved in this visit then the last visit.

And I just have to say that I did not plan the hot pink shirt.

5 awesome comments:

April said...

Glad to see she had a good time!! Your right, that Dora is freakishly big!!

Mandy said...

That Dora is really scary! Way too big!!!

The Pifer's said...

ahhh my niece would have loved that!!!! She is a little freakishly big haha....

Waldron Family said...

How fun!!! I would have been a little apprehensive of a 7 foot Dora too :-)

Abby said...

Dora's face looks a little odd too. My kids were always terrified of these characters. Never got one decent pic!

She does look like she is having a lot of fun. That place is great exercise!