Monday, June 16, 2008

Another Day on the Lake

Here was another nice Saturday and we decided to go out to the lake again. We love that it's only like 20 minutes away which makes it pretty easy. Also we got a different boat and was anxious to try it out. It is more of a family style boat. It's still dated but it has some of the things that we were looking for. We would love to get a newer style but just not ready to commit to a payment yet. Right now it's nice to not pay on something that is only used seasonal.
This boat is 16 years newer then our other boat and expected it needs some work, but mostly cosmetic. It has those 80's colors. This boat has a cuddy cabin so we can get in there and lay down if we want to but most importantly Mackenzie can take her naps in there. I love that it has a swim step, much easier to get out of the water. And we also wanted a secure cover to be able to get out of the hot sun and/or rain.

So today, like usual, we just sped around a little bit and then would anchor for awhile at various places. It was pretty relaxing, I just wish I had brought a book. Steve wishes he would have brought his fishing pole.

Anytime we are moving around fast on the water Mackenzie will start to fall asleep. I can only imagine all those times we went out there when I was carrying her that was most likely what she was doing then as well.
At one point I layed her down in the cabin while Steve was driving around. I could see she was getting sleepy but just wouldn't commit. I told Steve to try going faster and oddly enough, that worked. Once she was asleep we anchored up and I took off her life jacket and she layed there and slept. Even Daddy layed down beside and caught a small nap.

It was a nice day but we didn't get in the water. Kind of breezy out and the water was a little cool.

Mack checking out her "crib".

She really wasn't sleeping here, though it looks like it. She was just laying down. She really liked playing in there. She is still learning that she can't stand all the way up and fortunately the ceiling is carpeted.
Also she was really having fun with the mirror in the background. She has really been checking herself out lately in the full size mirror in her room.

Mackenzie being crabby about her sunglasses. Gone are those days when she'd leave a hat or sunglasses on. They didn't make it very long on her face.

This picture cracks me up. It looks like she is levitating the bottles of sunblock.

1 awesome comments:

April said...

Glad to see you guys went out and checked out the new boat. It is cute how she is checking out her little area. =)