Thursday, July 29, 2010

Camping Trip

Last week on our vacation we went camping a couple nights to Ft Stevens at the beach. It's a very nice state park that has a lot of things to do nearby. The first night was just setting up camp. We went tent style and even though it's not my style I was glad to see for Macks first trip she roughed it just as I had done at her age. Kids love tents and I knew she'd have a good time.

The next day we headed out to explore the Fort. Steve wanted to take his 2 older kids there to see it. It's a self guided tour and then after that we stopped at the guardhouse and that was a free guided tour. Apparently it was very interesting but I stayed outside with impatient and noisy Mackenzie and waited until they were done.


Then we went down to the beach to see what was left of the Peter Iredale ship. I'm glad to see it's still around everytime I go. We hung out on the beach for a little while then headed back to camp.





Mackenzie became obsessed with my dishwashing gloves. She was always wanting to play with them. I guess that is what happens when there are not any toys from home to play with, ya figure something else out. Actually she never seemed bored. I did bring crayons/books and I never even got them out.

The thing I couldn't get past was the amount of dirt! Which is why I've never cared to really take her camping in all her 3 years. Her hands were constantly filthy which meant she rubbed it on her shirt and face. The first hour we were there she was barefoot in her crocs and when she sat down and her shoes came off I got a view of those feet! After I washed em she spent mostly the rest of the weekend in socks and shoes. I had enough dirt other places to worry about.

Remember being that flexible???

1 awesome comments:

April said...

That wreckage is so cool looking! I love that shot of the back of all of them walking away.