
So for everyone that knows us they know Mackenzie has been a slow talker. She is delayed in speech and at times it's been some concern of ours and other times we feel she's very stubborn and is just moving at her own pace. She plays, laughs, climbs, runs, dances and claps but she just hasn't been so open about communicating with us. Her Dad and I both didn't talk until we were age 2 so there is hope that is the road she's going down.
The past few months she has shown some improvement and she will say "baby","look","duck and "hot". She tries flower but it's a lot of "fffff". No Mommy or Daddy. She said Dada back when she was about 8 months old but we realized that was just the babble of sound and it didn't mean anything.
Last Saturday we were at my brothers house and they noticed that she's doing a little bit of talking so that was nice to hear. That others recognized her sounds.
Last night my brother and sister in law were over and she was riding her 3 wheeler in the kitchen and I went to see if she wanted her sippy cup. While she was riding she reached her hand out to push it away and she also said the word "no" and kept riding. I was shocked! I don't think I had ever heard her tell me with so much authority that she didn't want something. It's usually just the push of the hand. So in a way, this was an accomplishment for us. I know that "no" will be the first of many and we will most likely tire of hearing it but last night I was pretty happy to hear such a small and strong little word come from her.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Composed by Dawn at 10:07 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












3 awesome comments:
If you have had her ear's checked then I wouldn't worry about it either. My oldest didn't talk until he was 2 1/2 maybe 3 and spent two years in Speech therapy (and LOVED Every minute of it!) I too was a late talker, didn't speak until I was 3, but my sister did all the talking for the both of us! :-)
Glad to hear you liked Twilight! I thought they did such a good job, never easy going into a movie that was such a hit with the bookworms! That is neat you are from the area! So I am sure you could relate to many of the scene's (slipping in the mud, the rain, etc...). I too was not a big fan of Bella, Edward definitely grew on me and I think he did a fine job. Rosalie did have an attitude but she did in the book(s) as well! I am looking forward to the next one! And good for you that your hubby took you! Mine would not go near it! :-)
I'm sure she will use this word a lot as she grows up Dawn! Just remember this so you can laugh!
-GRH
Yes, you will definitely laugh later when all she is saying is no and you are wanting a yes...=)
Post a Comment